Today’s 10-minute Monday recipe comes courtesy of Angie from Lucky Pony. She says: ‘Here’s a recipe that is quick and easy and best of all, only needs three ingredients!’ These Oreo truffles are perfect as a birthday gift, after-dinner sweet or just because you have some spare Oreos lying around. Thanks Angie!
(Makes about 36 truffles)
- 1 pack Oreo cookies
- 226g cream cheese (softened)
- A big bar of milk chocolate – I use Cadburys
- Finely crush seven cookies in a food processor or place them in a Ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
- Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the seven crushed cookies for decoration.
- Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Note: I wrapped mine in baking paper and tied string around it, like a little parcel of awesomeness. It helps to freeze the uncoated balls for a few minutes to keep the mixture from starting to fall apart in the melted chocolate. If this becomes a problem, dip them in the chocolate, let dry and then dip again.