Oggie is the only South African flooring company to have the internationally recognised FSC 100% Certification. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is the consumers guarantee that the wood products you buy come from sustainable healthy forests and strong communities. FSC is an independent, non-government, not-for-profit organisation established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests. Oggie is subjected to regular audits by SGS South Africa. SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. An FSC certification confirms that Oggie certified products have been sourced from certified and compliant manufacturing facilities.
Here are 6 reasons why FSC certification is so important to Oggie:
- The FSC label guarantees that the trees that are harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally.
- FSC protects the rights of indigenous people to use the forest. If they have sacred sites in the forest these are exempt from felling.
- FSC is a global, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of responsible forest management worldwide.
- FSC gives an assurance that future generations will be able to enjoy the benefits of the forest.
- FSC is a market-based initiative which also ensures better conditions for the forest and the people whose livelihoods depend on it.
- All the wood is tracked from the forest to the store. Every link between the forest and the consumer is certified to make it clearly identifiable which wood is FSC certified and which is not.
All Oggie Oak floors have FSC® certification.
Read more about Oggie flooring here.