See your name in lights! This is your chance to have your black and white #ArchitecturePhotographs featured in print or online with Elle Decoration South Africa. Find out everything you need to know below…
We’re celebrating the art of black and white photography and the tangible magic of print in our upcoming #WinterIssue. And we want you to join us! We want to feature your photographs, alongside well-known names in the photographic world either in the magazine or online. This call to action is global, but we are especially hoping to hear from our South African readers!
This is what you need to know:
- We challenge you to feel inspired by the past, and see the present in a new light.
- Take a stroll in your streets and see the everyday with a new perspective – in black and white, lines, shapes and reflections.
- Look inside. Look outside. Look up. Look down. Exteriors, interiors… be an observer. Show your perspective.
- This is an inspiration feature: we’re not looking for absolute perfection, but rather, we’re looking for poetry using architecture and light.
- Find simplicity in the chaos. Slow things down and take the time to see the beauty in the details; the play of light and and amongst the buildings.
- Take this as far back as you want: pick up an old-school film camera, dig out the polaroids or hunt through your prints from college.
- Or use modern technology: shoot with your phone (as we all do) but take the time to consider the shot. Maybe have it printed? Our challenge is for everyone to take a breath and slow it all down.
- Do a bit of research and be inspired by the photography greats of the past or present.
HOW TO SEND IN YOUR IMAGES FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Photographs will only be accepted as follows: sent via wetransfer.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographs must be high-res print quality and clearly marked with your name and email address.
- Instagram shots must be the original images, largest size possible (no filters).
- Original black and white prints must be sent digitally – scanned in at 300dpi.
- Images attached to emails will be blocked, they can only be sent via transfer links, and marked clearly with name and email address.
- Successful candidates will be contacted regarding their work to be featured in the magazine or online.
- You will receive a download confirmation once images have been transferred successfully. Please understand this is the only confirmation you will receive due to the number of applications we expect to come in.
- Deadline extension: 29 March 2016
And its as easy as that! Remember, you don’t need to be a professional photographer to submit your work. This feature is for everyone! And, keep us in the loop while you’re shooting, tag @elle_deco #ArchitecturePhotographs.