Oh banana bread – one of the more simpler baked delights, this golden loaf is sometimes overlooked but if it’s done right it can be just as satisfying as any decadent cream cake.
This recipe has a special little twist with the addition of a caramel glaze over the top.
70gms – Unsalted butter
1/2 cup – Dark brown sugar
1/4 cup – Caster sugar
1/4 tsp – Cinnamon powder
1/2 cup – Mashed banana
2 nos – Eggs
1 cup – All purpose flour
2 tsp – Baking powder
– Preheat the oven to 170°C.
– Sift the flour and baking powder together well for a couple of times.
– Grease and dust a loaf pan.
– In a large mixing bowl, place the room temperature butter, sugar, flour and baking powder mixture, banana and eggs and mix it well with an electric mixer.
– Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 30 to 40 mins or till the crust is nice and brown and the skewer comes out clean.
You will have cracks on the crust, but that is the beauty of this bread. And it also helps the sauce seep in well, incase of making it.
In a saucepan bring 1/2 cup cream and 2 tbsp brown sugar to a boil. Boil the sauce till it gets thick and saucy. Serve on banana bread along with banana slices and toasted nuts.
Recipe and images as seen on madaboutkitchen
For More Design Inspiration
In our Big Ideas Issue we turn to some of the leading decor talents for the lowdown on how to spruce up a space. We also head to coastal Vancouver for the trip of a lifetime and uncover how to use wallpapers & textiles in the home. However you choose to make your home a sanctuary, always follow this one rule – your space is your playground; have fun! Pick up your copy today and tell us what you think on Twitter @Elle_Deco using #BigIdeasIssue.