In this #SummerIssue, white is the colour of choice. Fresh, cool and tranquil, white can transform a space from claustrophobic to spacious. And what room could be in more dire need of openness than an office? Here’s the behind the scenes of DECO’s Dream Desk.
Easily achieved, think layered white products and areas of interest with different textures, materials and objects. Semi-precious stones make great paper weights and insures an unique touch to any desk, combining that with white marble adds a touch of sophistication and class. Getting too serious? Make it fun with quirky stationary in all white.
My desk, most loyal friend thank you. You’ve been with me on every road I’ve taken. My scar and my protection. – Russian Poet, Marina Tsvetaeva
- For instant refreshment: Add flowers
- For a tidy desk: Keep wires in check
- For a statement desk: Keep accessories matt black
- For a sophisticated desk: Add marble finished to class it up
- For a creative desk: add bright perspex for organising
- For a new look: Add plywood accessories
- For a modern desk: Keep it monochromatic
- The dream: Personalised Stationary
Take a look at the behind the scenes of our winter issue here.
The Summer Issue edition of ELLE DECORATION South Africa is on shelves now at your nearest magazine retailer. Featuring festive eats, cooling cocktails and all your must-have outdoor décor ideas, it’s your breezy summer respite. Pick up your copy today – across South Africa wherever magazines are sold – and tell us what you think on Twitter @Elle_Deco, sharing your #SummerIssue #DECOselfie