Belgotex, a South African company serving 40 countries worldwide, has officially placed itself on the sustainability radar.
This leading flooring manufacturer offers customers flooring solutions that include everything from residential carpets, to artificial grass. Not only does this 32-year-old company supply stylish and durable floor coverings, but they are pioneers in the field of sustainability. Belgotex believes that it makes business sense for the company to be environmentally friendly, and they are in the sustainability game for the long run.
Here are just a few reasons why Belgotex is the go-to flooring supplier for all eco-conscious consumers:
- Their use of metal crates in yarn processing operations has eliminated the need of cardboard packaging – therefore, saving trees and saving you from worry.
- Their Sportec Color is made using 85% recycled car tyres.
- Belgotex has developed and uses an innovative “green” underlay that is made from 100% recycled fibres and yarns.
- The Belgotex Grimebuster is made with rubber crumb cushion backing. This rubber crumb is made up of 100% post-consumer waste, such as used tyres. In doing so, Belgotex diverts up to 20 tons of used tyres from landfill sites each year.
- Belgotex has developed a Flooring Reclamation Program. This program has allocated sites where uplifted flooring can be delivered. This uplifted flooring is then redistributed to impoverished communities.
- Their use of high speed tufters has cut energy use by 30% when making one square metre of carpet.
- All of their production is now solution dyed yarns or fibres. This is a dry process which reduces water usage, as well as chemical and energy consumption
- Belgotex has the largest single roof-mounted 1MW solar plant in South Africa. The installation of these 1.2 hectare photovoltaic solar panels began in 2013 at the Belgotex factory in Pietermaritzberg.
- Belgotex is greatly involved in the training and development of its employees. In 2014, the company spent over R3 million in the training of employees.
- Since 2009, Belgotex has achieved the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Certification. ISO 14001 is the world’s leading international standard which has been designed to help companies implement sustainable practices so that they are able to meet environmental obligations.
On 28 October of this year, Belgotex Floors won the prestigious Massmart Supplier Environmental Awards which took place at the World Wildlife Fund’s headquarters in Braamfontein. In doing so, Belgotex Floors beat their competition which included 325 other blue chip FMCG companies such as Mondi, Sappi and Aspen Pharmaceuticals.
So, it does not matter which of the 48 ranges of Belgotex flooring you choose, you will be walking on high-quality flooring that will be as kind to your feet as it is to the environment. Cue: peace of mind.
FIND OUT MORE
Go to Belgotex’s website to search their products.
Read more about sustainable materials, here.