Need to take your design business to the next level? This is what you have been waiting for; Business of Design is a dynamic seminar and workshop by leading South African design professionals, aiding artisans, designers, manufacturers and small to medium enterprises in the design and fashion industries to significantly expand local and international markets.
Now is your chance to to build a unique, relevant and dynamic brand.
WHAT BUSINESS OF DESIGN CAN DO FOR YOU
Designed to equip South African creative businesses with a skill set to successfully commercialise their business, the programme will include lectures, panel discussions, workshops and audience participation, and will cover:
- managing yourself, your time, your team – being a leader
- dissecting trends and implementation
- inspiration, resources and design direction
- building a unique and dynamic brand
- growing your company into an asset of value
FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- comprehensive pricing, order analysis and sales growth
- financing cash flow, invoicing and payments
- business and accounting systems and software packages
- product development, licensing and copyright
- testing, compliancy and adhering to industry standards
FOR YOUR BUSINESS GROWTH
- marketing and approaching the press
- website and online social platforms
- approaching retailers locally and internationally
- alternative routes to market
- export, international standards, preparing for shipping, agents, international trade shows
Cape Town, 15-16 October at Rotunda at Inner City Ideas Cartel.
Johannesburg, 22-23 October at Sage Conferencing, Sage Technology Park, Woodmead
Cost R3 950 per delegate. Booking details on the website.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Book before 26 August and pay R3 500, with a half-term payment option.
Business of Design is bought to you by four key industry leaders who between them have 80 years of in-depth experience in the industry; Trevyn and Julian McGowan of SOURCE, Southern Guild, GUILD and Design Network Africa, and ex-editor Cathy O’Clery and Laurence Brick of 100% Design South Africa and Platform Creative Agency. Laurence is a co-founder and director of Loads of Living, Cathy, a former magazine editor and Trevyn and Julian were recently voted in the 100 most powerful figures in the art and design industry by USA-based Art and Auction magazine.
See the programme here.
Find out more about the speakers here.
For more information contact Tracy Lynn Chemaly
or call 073 419 9875