Decorex is happening this weekend and the CTICC is going to be packed full with a variety of exciting and innovative products, people, trends and events. Decorex gave us a heads up on what not to miss!
1. Bliss Entrance Feature. Well known stylist and interior designer, Tracy Lee Lynch (@traceylynch) has been invited to interpret the theme of this year’s Decorex Cape Town – “Bliss”. Her dramatic and beautiful entrance installation will showcase the worldwide revival of cross-stitch as a design trend, with a sense of whimsical nostalgia. You’ll be photographing this one, for sure. #Bliss
2. The Plascon Concept Stand. Proud sponsors of Decorex SA since its inception, Plascon (@Placon) will showcase the beautiful 2013 colour palette “Balance” in a room setting transformed into four unique looks simply by paint. Witness how colour can bring a space to life and change it dramatically through different applications. There’s also a dedicated and informed Plascon team on hand to answer any questions regarding paint, painting techniques, colour trends and paint surfaces.
3. Decorex Designer Spotlight. This is expected to be the most talked about installation at Decorex Cape Town this year. Recently returned from the USA, Cape Town designer Stephen Lasker has been commissioned to design and curate this show-stopping feature, showcasing the hottest trends in décor and design. The official ambassador for Dutch design label Moooi (@moooi), Stephen’s creating a moody Gold vs Evil installation with plenty of black and gold inspiration.
4. M-Net Cares Room to Grow by Mr Price Home (@MrPriceHome). Beautifully designed children’s interiors, depicting room settings that cater to the different stages of a child’s development, are the aim of this do-good décor initiative. Child-friendly interiors and room settings will be showcased, catering to the different stages of childhood development – from a baby’s nursery, to a toddler’s play area, a tween’s haven, right through to a teenager’s escape zone. The focus is on the creation of spaces where children can grow, learn and play. After the exhibition all the furniture featured in this inspiring space (and plenty more) will be generously donated by Mr Price Home to local underprivileged children’s home The Holy Cross Child and Youth Centre.
5. Volvo #MADEFORYOU Designer Pods. Prestigious car brand Volvo (@VolvoCar_SA) invited four of the Mother City’s hottest interior decorators to each test drive one of their vehicles and to use their driving experience as interior inspiration. We can’t wait to see the results by Virginia Garnham of Maradadi Interiors, Debbie Hall of The Hall Collection, Stefan Frylinck of Space for Life and Philip Tyers of Colonial House. #madeforyou
6. Samsung Inspire Theatre. Get off your feet and take in all the inspiration at the Samsung Inspire Theatre. The programme includes interactive talks, lifestyle demonstrations, cook-offs and how-to’s by Cape Town’s finest food, décor, design and DIY experts. From the Battle of the Barista’s to chocolate in all its glory by Honest Chocolate (@HonestChoc), be sure to catch at least one of these great talks.
7. WDC 2014. Decorex SA proudly supports World Design Capital Cape Town for 2014 (@WDC2014) and the efforts to showcase the very best design that South Africa has to offer. Don’t forget to pop in at their interactive stand at Decorex Cape Town where visitors are all invited to come and find out more about this international honour bestowed upon the Mother City. #WDC2014
8. New product launches. One of the best things about going to Decorex Cape Town is the opportunity to see new décor and design products before anybody else does. Some of the brand new ideas to look forward to include: The two giant Magpie chandeliers that will be hung above the entrance to the exhibition; the dramatic Aerial Rug Collection by Cape Town designer Julia Swanepoel for Gonsenhausers Fine Rugs plus Corinne Smit’s highly original Cute-O-Man multi purpose ottoman. Also look out for the very latest in greening and high-tech ideas for your home.
9. Competitions. Look out for all the exciting competitions on offer around the show. If you’re feeling lucky, there are plenty of household and décor prizes to be won.
10. Be Inspired. This year’s Decorex Cape Town theme – “Bliss” – is not only on-trend, it’s inspiring. Even Lady Bonin (@Lady_Bonin) loved the idea, as she has blended a special Decorex Bliss Tea – containing Rooibos, lavender and dried strawberries and Graham Beck Wines (@GrahamBeckWines) will also serve chilled glasses of their Bliss Demi Sec to enhance the blissful experience. #bliss