Cape Town Design NPC, in collaboration with entrepreneur Charles Maisel and Thundafund, aims to host 8 pitching sessions during 2014 to expose WDC 2014 recognized projects to potential funders, mentors and collaborators.
Join them for the first sessions on 11th and 25th February from 5pm to 9pm for an entertaining and stimulating evening.
Meet the minds behind dynamic design-driven projects offering innovations that address society’s needs.
Cape Town Design NPC will award R10 000 to the best project pitched at each session. Go along to get involved and put your money behind projects that move you.
Maybe even walk away with new allies for your own initiatives.
Click here to see the projects pitching on 11th February.
R50 ticket gets you entry, one free craft beer and free popcorn.
Book tickets here.
Cash bar and food for sale.
Why these pitching sessions?
In an effort to realise the legacy ambitions of WDC 2014 we′d like to see as many of the recognised projects as possible brought to fruition and growth. These pitching sessions aim to:
- Showcase the projects, what they are offering and what they need – in terms of funding, capacity and collaborations.
- Expose projects to potential backers, through both large investments and crowdfunding.
- Invite the public and business community to identify projects they would like to support.
Who should attend?
- Businesses looking for transformational innovators to mentor or support in cash or kind.
- Investors and philanthropists – whether you have R500 or R1million to give.
- Government planners who would like to support citizen initiatives.
- Anyone interested in World Design Capital Cape Town 2014 projects.
- Media who want to tell these great stories.
Time: Arrival 5 for 5.30pm. Start 5.30pm. Pitches until 8.30pm. Networking after.
Venue: The German Club, 6 Roodehek Terrace, off Hope Street, Gardens.
Link to Google map
Dates: 11 Feb 2014, 25 Feb 2014, 25 Mar 2014, 28 Apr 2014, 27 May 2014, 24 Jun 2014, 29 Jul 2014, 26 Aug 2014