In our latest issue, we take you inside Laurence Simoncini’s beautiful beach hut. From untreated materials to concrete flooring, the house is perfectly intone with the island’s spirit. Get Laurence’s look by opening your home to natural elements for a rustic, authentic look and feel.
With its natural flora and extensive ocean views, one visit was more than enough to convince Laurence, who fell head over heels with the location. She did her utmost to respect the natural environment when designing the house, establishing a coherent relationship between the interior and exterior. Together with her architect, André Blanchet, they developed a pine-clad salt storehouse, solidly ached to the ground. Turns out, the location was all the inspiration they needed.
I took a sandy plot of land and built a dream of a beach hut on it.
1. Fallen bird’s nest chair by Porky Heffer starting from R77 520 from Southern Guild
2. Iron dining chair R1 495, Weylandts
3. In Bloom ceramic starting from R4 000, Christina Bryer
4. Thomas quadrant walnut table R21 115 Tonic
5. Meduim pot R3500, Mervyn Gers Ceramics
6. Moa Light R2 350, Bofred
My house is like a second me, an extension of my tastes and my sensibility.
1. Oviedo lounge chair antique whiskey R22 995, Weylandts
2. Arken jute rug starting from R299.99, Mr Price Home
3. Berber diamond & cross R6 000/m², Gonsenhausers
4. Big sweat lamp R15 000, Dokter and Misses
5. Wilbur round side table R2 495, Loft Living
6. Art tall canister R249, Country Road
7. Slab dining table R64 600, Egg Designs
8. Adam Birch vertebra wishbone starting from R20 000, Southern Guild
9. Sisal pot R999, Klooftique
For more beautiful shopping ideas, grab a copy of our latest Winter Issue, on shelves now.
Compiled by Sanri Pienaar and designed by Jessie Bell.
DECOHOME feature photography: Karel Balas / Vega MG | Text: Julie Boucherat.
The Winter edition of ELLE Decoration South Africa is on shelves at your nearest magazine retailer now & available to download here. Packed with stylish ways to hibernate this winter, it’s full of all your favourite features, décor tips and tricks plus brand new pages, including DECO Read, DECO Kid and DECO Grow. Pick up your copy today for the most stylish winter yet and tell us what you think on Twitter @ELLE_Deco. #Winter102