Have you met Geneva Vanderzeil from A Pair & A Spare? Her site is all about equipping the modern women who loves to make beautiful things, go to amazing places, and look great whilst doing it. We fell upon this glorious DIY Flower Ball and had to share it with you.
- a few bunches of flowers (you’ll need more than you think)
- a round oasis
- floral sheers
- ribbon or twine
- a pin
1. Cut all your flowers so they have about 5cm of stalk. Remove any flowers than are looking at bit wilted or sad. We found that if you cut the stalks with a little point it’s a bit easier to get them into the ball.
2. Start working them into the oasis, pushing then down to the beginning of the flower and clustering them together so there’s no gaps. Make sure they’re all at the same height so your ball is nice and round.
3. Work the flowers all the way around. You can add some different coloured ones in if you like, we added a few white ones in so there was a bit of variation.
4. Pin your ribbon or twine into the flower bomb, we ended up needing a few pins for this one because the ball had become quite heavy. If your ball is too heavy to pin the ribbon on, you can loop thread it through close to the base of the oasis and tie it on.
5. Once you have done that, run the ball under the tap to fill the oasis with water. You will need to do this for a few minutes so it fills up with water. This is something you can do before you add the flowers, but we found it easier to do it afterwards.
Have a look at all of her other DIY Ideas here, well worth the visit.