From finishes that date well to digital solutions, experts discuss the storage tips and tricks that will enhance the heart of your home.
Ready, Steady, Cook..
1. Create space. Make sure that everything in your kitchen has a dedicated place. By keeping only what we use, we reduce clutter, which ultimately reduces the amount of cleaning up required. blu_line kitchens are designed with this in mind, making sure that every item has a designated space for ultimate functionality.
2. Go digital. The days of bulky cookbooks and Post-it notes on the fridge are behind us. Get rid of clutter by replacing messy calendars, notepads and books with a tablet. This way, you can conveniently store all your commitments, lists and recipes in one place.
3. Streamline your appliances. In the past, appliances took up a lot of space in the kitchen. These days, we can often find smaller appliances that perform multiple functions and can easily be stored inside an appliance cupboard – out of the way but easy to grasp.
4. Organise interiors. If the insides of your cupboards are neat, you will be less likely to leave odds and ends out on the countertops.
5. Remember that less is always more. Think through how you want your kitchen to flow before adding extra appliances and décor.
6. Enjoy your spaces. An organised space does not need to be off-limits to the rest of the family. Rather, because it is well organised, life can happen within this space.
Make sure that everything in your kitchen – every dish, every appliance and every knick-knack – has a place where it can be packed away. If there is no space for an item, consider whether you really need it.’ – Philip Richards from blu_line.
5 easy steps
1. Deep drawers
2. Kitchenware organisers
3. Pull-out waste or recycling cabinets 4. Revolving corner trays
5. Pull- or swing-out trays and shelves 6. Small appliance storage drawers