The Spier Secret Festival invites young professionals to apply for a chance to attend a prestigious international food conference for free!
The annual MAD Symposium in Copenhagen explores food and wine through presentations by leading speakers from all over the world – including chefs, scientists, artists and farmers. Acclaimed as one of the most influential conferences on the foodie calendar, MAD was founded Noma restaurant’s Rene Redzepi – considered one of the world’s greatest chefs.
“What is cooking?” is the theme of the fourth iteration of the conference which runs from 24 to 25 August 2014. It will be exploring tradition and innovation, food’s provenance and future, and how chefs can evolve and improve.
Tickets are extremely sought after and granted through an application process, as the conference only has space for 600 people. The Spier Secret Festival, an annual food and wine conference at Spier wine farm, has one of these coveted tickets to give to a promising young professional in South Africa’s restaurant, food or wine industries. Spier will be covering flights and accommodation of the recipient of the ticket; the total grant is valued at R25,000.
Spier invites all interested young professionals to apply.
How to enter:
Please submit the following to Marina Vermeulen via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before close of business on Wednesday, 6 August:
- A motivation (maximum 200 words) explaining why you believe you should go, and how you think it will benefit you.
- Include mini biography (max 150 words) providing background on your studies and career thus far.
- You must have a valid passport with a valid travel visa that enables travel to Denmark.
- You must be able to travel to Copenhagen on 23 August, returning to South Africa on 26 August.
- You must be below the age of 35.