This sorbet from Minimalist Baker is fruity, creamy and utter tropical perfection. Serve it up on a hot summer day as a midday snack or after dinner treat.
Yields 11 half cup servings
- 3 cups packed (500 g) cubed very ripe mango (2 large or 3 small-medium mangos)
- 1 cup (125 g) fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (236 ml) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (200 g) organic cane sugar (or granulated sugar)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- The night/day before churning, set your ice cream churning bowl in the freezer to chill. Also add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth – 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust flavor/sweetness as needed, then transfer to a mixing bowl and cover. Set in refrigerator to chill overnight (or for a minimum of 3-4 hours).
- The following day, add your chilled base to the prepared ice cream churning bowl and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions for 30-40 minutes, or until it looks like soft serve.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and smooth top with a spoon. Cover securely and freeze for 4-6 hours, or until firm.
- Let thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving to soften. Use a hot scoop to ease serving. Will keep securely covered in the freezer for 7-10 days, though best when fresh.
Serving size: 1/2 cup Calories: 153 Fat: 4.4 g Saturated fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 28.2 g Sugar: 23 g Sodium: 911 mg Fiber: 1.6 g Protein: 1 g
Recipe and images as seen on minimalistbaker.com
WANT MORE RECIPES?
For More Design Inspiration
The 2017 Field Report is not about fleeting trends – its about quality and perfection, about bringing back traditional skills and craftsmanship. We speak to the visionaries, icons and experts who shape their unique, lasting and life-enhancing concepts for us to embrace through their designs, recipes, buildings and explorations. Pick up your copy today and tell us what you think on Twitter @Elle_Deco using #2017FieldReport.