Summer is here which means its time to bask in a little sun, enjoy the warmer temperatures and sip on cocktails over a conversation with family or friends. These two sunny cocktail recipes epitomize the season so we just had to share them with you.
Brûléed Lemon Sour
- 1 shot Vodka
- 1 shot sweet & sour mix
- Lemon flavoured sparkling water
- 1 lemon sliced
- Coarse sugar
Turn the gas braai onto high. While it is heating up, slice your lemon into 1/8″ thick slices. Sprinkle both sides of each slice with sugar. Reduce the heat, then place each slice directly onto the grill. Allow the lemon to caramelize & slightly char, then carefully flip to repeat on the other side. Remove the slices, and set aside.
Shake vodka and the sweet & sour mix well over ice. Pour into a glass filled with ice, and top with lemon flavoured water. Garnish with grilled lemon slices.
Recipe and images as seen on boxwoodavenue.com
Blood Orange Martini
For the Rosemary Syrup
25g fresh rosemary
125g white sugar
For the Blood Orange Martini
2 blood oranges – juiced
20ml rosemary syrup
1 egg white (use a large egg)
handful of ice
Sprig fresh rosemary – for garnish
Make the Rosemary Syrup
- Put the sugar and water into a small saucepan and allow the sugar to dissolve over a medium heat
- Add the rosemary sprigs, bring up to boiling then take off the heat
- Leave to cool completely, strain to remove the rosemary
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month
Make the Blood Orange Martini
- Put all of the ingredients EXCEPT THE ICE into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for about a minute
- Add the ice and shake for a further minute
- Strain the liquid and egg white foam into 2 cocktail glasses, and garnish with rosemary sprigs if using
Recipe and images as seen on littlesugarsnaps.com
Enjoyed this? Try your hand at making
Digital Intern Lucille Dyosi finds herself between phases and places. She is an observer and takes in inspiration from the simplest things in life. If she’s not enjoying food, she’s reading a book by her favourite author Bessie Head.
The Spring Issue is all about looking forward and recharging. Revitalise yourself, take stock, and get your home and lifestyle in tip-top condition. We explore progressive gardening ideas, show you how to turn your bathroom into a rejuvenation haven, and take you on a tour of homes that capture the essence of the season. Pick up your copy today and tell us what you think on Twitter @Elle_Deco using #SpringIssue.