- 3 T. Cocoa Powder
- 2½ T. Sugar
- ¾ T. Cornstarch
- ½ t. Cinnamon
- 1 tiny pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1½ C. Milk
- ½ t. Vanilla
- Whipped Cream, to top
- Place the cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt in a small saucepan and whisk together well.
- Add the vanilla and ¼ C. of the milk to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined and smooth (make sure to whisk around the sides of the pan to get all of the dry mixture incorporated).
- Add the remaining milk and whisk in well.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat and whisk constantly, for about 3-4 minutes or until mixture starts to boil and thicken.
- Remove from heat and pour into two mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and other desired toppings such as chocolate shavings, caramel, coarse salt, roasted macadamia nuts etc.
The original recipe can be found here