Celebrate the imminence of long summer days by combining seasonal food, fresh colours and a variety of flavours into a simple tangy summer platter that is as beautiful to look at as it is to eat.
GREEN PLATTER: TANGY AND SAVOURY
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken
- 150 g fresh asparagus, blanched and sliced into thin strips
- 100 g baby marrow, sliced into thin strips
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 100 g watercress and rocket
- 200 ml organic salad dressing (available at Woolworths)
- 150 g blue cheese, sliced
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- pansies to garnish
Slice the chicken in half. Remove excess bone in the cavity.
Combine asparagus, baby marrow, avo and dressing. Divid the mixture and spoon into the cavities of the two chicken halves. Place leaves onto a platter, top chicken pieces and garnish with cheese, kiwi and pansies
More salads to follow. Keep your eyes on our ELLE DECO Online.
Read through more inspirational recipes here.