After a long summer with one too many beach days and sun exposed cheeks, you might be in need of a few natural bath and skin tricks to keep your skin glowing. Today we share with you our latest secret beauty weapon – Turmeric.
Turmeric spice is no longer just for Asian dishes and herbal teas, but it also has great medicinal and beauty benefits. Some have gone as far as to claim it as a natural cancer killer…
HERE ARE SOME HEALING BENEFITS OF TURMERIC:
- It helps with inflammatory skin conditions, such as acne, eczema and general dry skin.
- It reduces pigmentation and can even out skin tone.
- A natural antiseptic and speeds up the wound healing process
- Turmeric improves digestion
- It slows the progression of Alzheimer’s disease
- Also beneficial for preventing breast, skin and colon cancer.
TURMERIC FACE MASK
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of turmeric spice
3 tablespoons of milk/yogurt
A few drops of honey
Mix the flour, turmeric, honey and milk/yogurt into a paste
Apply a think layer to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes
Scrub the mask off gently in the shower
Apply moisturiser and avoid wearing make-up for 24 hours
The mask may stain your face for a couple of hours but nothing a little bit of warm water can’t fix. Apply a thinner layer to your neck, as the skin is thinner in this area and may stain darker than your face.
Go here to learn the healing powers of raw honey.
Orinally published on HelloNatural.co