Bustling, historic Dar es Salaam is the gateway to east Africa, with beautiful Zanzibar and Bongoyo Island just a ferry ride away. Getting there is now even easier with fastjet, which flies between Johannesburg and Dar es Salaam 3 times a week in an Airbus A319. fastjet also flies to domestic destinations in Tanzania, including Kilimanjaro, Mwanza and Mbeya, and to Lusaka, Zambia, from Dar es Salaam.
One ELLE DECO reader will WIN
– Return flights with fastjet for 2 people from OR Tambo International Airport to Juilius Nyerere International Airport.
– Airport transfers to and from Julius Nyerere International Airport.
– Three-night stay for 2 at Southern Sun Dar es Salaam in a suite on a dinner-bed-and-breakfast basis. Dinner includes a bottle of wine, selected from the wine list by the winner.
– Day trip to Zanzibar, including transfers, return flight, a spice tour and tour of Stone Town.
– Day trip to Bongoyo Island, including transfers, ferry and picnic lunch.
Once in Dar es Salaam, explore the city’s rich heritage from your base at Southern Sun Dar es Salaam. Conveniently situated in the heart of the city, you can visit the nearby botanical gardens, or enjoy the hotel’s modern fusion cuisine, including fresh seafood and traditional Tanzanian flavours. Walking tours and trips to nearby South Beach, Zanzibar and Bongoyo Island can be easily arranged. Make Dar es Salaam your next African stop!
South African passport holders don’t need a visa for business or leisure stays of up to 90 days, but you do need a yellow fever vaccination.
Terms and Conditions:
Each air ticket includes all government taxes as well as one checked-in bag per flight. Timing of trip will be subject to availability and cannot be taken in peak holiday periods. Flights and accommodation are valid for six months and need to be taken before 25 March 2015. Winner needs to get a yellow fever vaccination prior to trip. *Each SMS costs R1.50. Errors billed. Free minutes do not apply. All competitions end 21 September 2014. Winners will be selected randomly and notified telephonically. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged for cash. Employees of Isiko Media (Pty) Ltd, the promoters and their families are ineligible to enter. Service operated by MobiMedia on behalf of Isiko Media. MobiMedia’s customer service line 082 239 5599.