hat made you get in floristry professionally?
After working in the advertising industry for 5 years I wanted to
change my career to something more meaningful and rewarding. I always
had a strong passion for the natural, especially flowers. I won’t say
that there has been one specific reason that made me choose flowers,
but rather that it has been a very natural journey so far.
2. Why are your super flower making abilities different from other
Coming from a design background my approach is very different. I have
a strong design outlook and everything I do is based on a concept and
problem solving. My personal work has a more graphic approach and
3. What is your favourite flower?
The Orchid. I love unusual and exotic flowers and orchids have so many
varieties (there are more orchid species than bird species). I love
continuously being surprised by this flower.
4. Favourite local flower?
5. Whose home would you love to see your flowers in?
Not so much in someones home, but I would love to see my flower
installations in film or as part of Fashion week.
6. Have you got any particularly exciting projects on the horizon?
7. What is your secret weapon?
Passion and determination!
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
At the moment my shop. It is a reflection of my personal style and a
playground where I can create freely, re-invent and showcase my
9. Pet hate about floristry
Admin that takes me away from creating
10. Common misconception about floristry
The perception that flowers are expensive