Elle Decoration Magazine is offering two exciting internships for talented individuals looking to gain extensive experience in the décor and media industry.
William James once wrote:
Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.
Internships teach you a lot about the industry itself, and gives you a well-rounded feel for which direction you want to take in your career. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our team and currently have two openings: An Editorial intern and a Digital intern.
CAPE TOWN: Editorial Intern for Elle Decoration
Working closely with our magazine’s editorial team, our editorial intern will assist in sourcing relevant profiles, locations and items for Elle Decoration magazine. They will assist on shoots and help keep the busy editorial office running smoothly. They will also be required to contribute to our digital platforms, editorial content and support us on various events and marketing campaigns. Please note that it is important for the applicant to have a passion for design and decor and be creative.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Highly organised; dependable, punctual and resourceful.
- Ability to work in an energetic atmosphere and take direction.
- Exceptional communication and grammar skills, both written and spoken.
- A high work ethic is a must.
- A passion for the media, print and design industry.
CAPE TOWN: Digital Intern for Elle Decoration
Roles & Responsibilities
- Content creation: Creating blog posts based on design stories, Owning the creation of online marketing pages, Assisting in asset creation for the whole team.
- Social content promotion: Scheduling posts on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc) in the right manner, drive conversation and engagement, Drafting additional tweets directing to inspirational stories and content discovered
- Research and sourcing: For online stories and social media imagery
- Analytics & reporting: Filing weekly community figures into Excel to chart growth, campaign monitoring, Supporting on Google Analytics measurement to track traffic trends and content engagement.
Things to note:
- You will require your own transport and laptop
- The position is for a minimum of three months
- Digital design knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is a plus.
Want to apply?
If you are interested in applying, wow us with a top-notch CV and an inspiring cover letter. You can email it right away to Naazneen firstname.lastname@example.org. Be quick about it!
Our Ideas Issue is on shelf now and packed with achievable ideas and solutions for updating your home, it’s a keeper! We give you the freshest advice and inspiration for updating your kitchen, making breakfast for champions, and round up the sexiest fabrics for 2016. Pick up your copy today and tell us what you think on Twitter @Elle_Deco, sharing your #IdeasIssue #DecoSelfie