Looking for a little something decadent to keep you company while you read the latest ELLE Decoration Summer Issue… try the Christmas Cocoa with a Twist.
We we discovered this deliciously dreamy Christmas cocoa recipe via Karina from cafedelites.com. Made with Nutella and topped with all the best treats you can think of, you can’t go wrong with this holiday classic!
- 4 cups of low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons of Nutella
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- Heat milk in a saucepan on medium to high heat until it begins to warm or steam up.
- Add the Nutella, cocoa powder and sugar, whisk until dissolved and combined.
- Bring to a gentle simmer while stirring, and take off heat.
- Serve with your desired toppings – Karina suggest mini marshmallows, chocolate chips or crushed hazelnuts and we have to agree!
CHRISTMAS COCOA CHILLED
For those really warm summer nights when you can’t even imagine indulging in something hot no matter how delicious, we suggest you try this recipe chilled. Refrigerate overnight and throw in a couple of ice blocks.
If you’re looking to add some more chocolate in your life, pop in to the Honest Chocolate Café on Wale Street in Cape Town, their secret court yard is perfect for a summers day.
The Summer Issue is all about new beginnings, rejuvenation and adventure. Consider it a celebration of both indulging in wanderlust and the sweetness of coming home. We discover the most spectacular design hotels around the world, show you a beautiful collection of outdoor furniture and décor, and tempt your tastebuds with a new indian tapas restaurant. Pick up your copy today and tell us what you think on Twitter @Elle_Deco using #SummerIssue.