Buying a new sofa seems like a simple enough task, but as with many things these days the options are infinite and you may find yourself overwhelmed when it comes to selecting this major investment for your home. We interviewed Nicole Sherwin from sofacompany.com for the latest in sofa trends and what to consider when making a purchase.
What are the most important things to consider when buying a couch?
- Measure the area and the couch you want to purchase to ensure that it will fit comfortably into your space.
- Make sure the colour of the sofa will match everything else in the area. Choose a basic colour if you want it to blend in or if you want something edgy and unique to stand out as your showpiece, go with something a little more bold.
- Ensure that the quality of the sofa will withstand usage and find out what guarantees are in place for the frame and fabric.
What are the trends in couch design at the moment?
The Danish are always setting the trends in furniture design and what is trending at the moment is:
- two-tone or two different colour fabrics on one style
- sleek, elegant leg lines in either natural oak or copper or brass
How would you describe Scandinavian design?
Scandinavian design is all about sleek simplicity. Minimalist, clean lines with a touch of grace, elegance and class.
How should one care for their couch to ensure it lasts?
We always recommend that our customers have Masterguard (which is similar to Scotchgard, but with much less chemicals and doesn’t leave a sheen on the fabric). Also, keep your sofa out of direct sunlight as this can fade the fabric.
What are the benefits of buying a sofa online?
- You are basically shopping straight from factory to customer, so there is no retail middleman adding their mark-up, ensuring the best possible prices.
- You don’t have to leave the comfort of your home or office.
- There is a huge variety of styles to choose from with online shopping, and you can often literally custom design exactly what you want.
- With safe and secure checkout processes, you can either pay by EFT or credit card, whichever is more convenient for you.
- Your couch is delivered to you anywhere in the country and there is always a 14-day money-back guarantee in case you want to swop it or get a refund.
Want To Find Out More About sofacompany.com?
To shop online visit sofacompany.com or make an appointment to visit their showroom at 111 Waterkant Street, Cape Town 8001
Read more about about this dynamic Danish online furniture shop here.
If You Liked This…
You may also enjoy Deco Lab: Kitchen Flavour
The Winter Issue is all about de-cluttering, de-teching and slowing everything down. Packed with inspiration and ideas for making your home a sanctuary, we share the ultimate comfort food recipes, master the art of nesting and take you on a tour of the dreamiest hideaways. Pick up your copy today and tell us what you think on Twitter @Elle_Deco using #WinterIssue.