Nothing says summer quite like an ice-cold popsicle so in anticipation of the season, we’ve bookmarked this delicious peach, cardamon and coconut popsicle recipe. Delectably creamy and packed with flavour these treats are a good source of vitamin C and vitamin A, as well as healthy fats.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 cup coconut milk (about ⅔ of a can)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- Shredded coconut (optional)
Make the coconut filling:
- Place coconut yogurt, coconut milk, honey and vanilla in your blender and blend until smooth. Pour in a separate container and set aside.
Make the peach filling:
- Rinse your blender. Place the peaches and cardamom in the blender and pulse until pureed.
- Pour the peach puree into the popsicle molds (about 2 tbsp per mold, or filled to about ⅓). Fill up the rest of the mold with the coconut mixture. Insert a popsicle stick into each mold and stir gently. Sprinkle the top part with some coconut shreds. Freeze for at least 3-4 hours.
- When ready to eat the popsicle, rinse the molds under warm water for a few seconds, this will allow you to get them out easily. Once out, you can dip the popsicle into some more coconut shreds if desired. Enjoy!
Portions: 10 popsicles
Recipe & images as seen on thegreenlife.ca
Then you may want to read The Big Chill: Rhubarb, Guava And Rosewater Ice Cream Recipe and The Big Chill: Blackberry, Coriander & Granadilla Ice Cream
The Spring Issue all about looking forward and recharging. Revitalise yourself, take stock, and get your home and lifestyle in tip-top condition. We explore progressive gardening ideas, show you how to turn your bathroom into a rejuvenation haven, and take you on a tour of homes that capture the essence of the season. Pick up your copy today and tell us what you think on Twitter @Elle_Deco using #SpringIssue.