Sourcing and curating beautiful content is an everyday job for the DECO team and it excites us so much when we find passionate and talented creative individuals that we can work with. We had the honour of meeting and watching Rizqua Barnes in action at our 100th issue celebration just last week.
Rizqua is a portrait and wedding photographer based in Cape Town, her attention to space and people really helped to capture our special event in the perfect light (you can find these in our upcoming issue)! Take a little look in to her life and work…
I love interacting with people – always keen on learning and getting ideas from all that surrounds me
1. The fast pace of the creative industry is quite something, what is in your survival kit?
My survival kit would be social media to keep in touch with the latest trends and of course the sun and ocean to keep my ideas fresh..
2. Your next planned trip is…
to the fridge for cake!
3. You will stay up until 4am happily and passionately talking about…
I’d rather be dancing!
4. What would improve the quality of your life?
Some green grass and a swimming pool (as I write this, it is 35 degrees outside).
5. Who are you following on Instagram?
6. What are you listening to?
Fox the Fox – Precious Little Diamond
7. When you’re not shooting you are?
Being a mother, a friend, a daughter, a wife… basically superwoman.
Compiled by Jessie Bell