It’s getting increasingly tricky to know which sources you can trust online. You need to know that the content you’re reading is reliable and accurate – especially when it comes to interior design. That’s why DECO is enlisting YOUR help to compile the ultimate list of décor influencers online. Who is your #DECOguru?
From bloggers and online magazines to retail brands and stores, designers and artists to stylists and photographers – we are calling on YOUR help to find the Top 50 online influencers in the décor industry today.
Nominate your #DECOguru before midnight 24 May to WIN R1,500 of DECO prizes
How does it work?
From today until 24 May, we’re calling for YOUR entries.
By nominating your #DECOguru on Twitter, your choice will be added to our list – and what’s more you’ll be entered into a prize draw to WIN one of five DECO prize packs worth R1,500 each.
After the deadline, once all your entries have been collated, our busy team will spend a week ranking the Top 50 #DECOguru’s in order of online influence. We’ll be looking at a host of metrics including:
- social Klout score
- global website Alexa rating
- Rise ranking of their Twitter following
- reliability & usefulness of their online content
- ability to sustain a sense of online community
Who do I nominate?
We’re opening up the list to the whole world of interior design. Your #DECOguru can be South African, African or completely international. They might be a talented artist, creative stylist, a young designer or an old established décor brand.
The only requirement is that they have a significant online presence, including Twitter, and that you feel they are an inspiring influence on your interior design choices.
How do I nominate?
It’s really simple. All you have to do is tweet the following:
I’m nominating @xxxxxxxxx* for the @ELLE_Deco Top 50 décor online influencers. Nominate your #DECOguru & WIN at http://bit.ly/DECOguru
(*enter your nominee’s Twitter handle here)
You can send us as many nominations as you like – one #DECOguru per tweet.
The five winners of a DECO prize pack will be chosen at random from all complete Twitter nominations received. All entries must include the text above and the #DECOguru hashtag to be eligible.
So what are you waiting for? Join us on Twitter and tweet your nominations before 24 May, then check back in June to read our final list and see if your #DECOguru made the cut!
Need some inspiration?
Here are a few of our favourite #DECOguru’s to get you started:
- One of the world’s largest design festivals, @designindaba
- Our ultimate online design journal, @designtaxi
- Legendary kitchen must-haves, @LeCreusetSA
- Global crafters’ market, @etsy
- UK Elle Decoration’s Editor in Chief, @MOgundehin
- People, Photos, Videos, Interviews you simply have to see, @fvonf
- Tricia Guild’s 45-year old furnishing fabric business, @designersguild
- Contemporary American interiors brand, @westelm
- The global authority on design, @wallpapermag
- SA’s most-loved home retailer, @MRPhome
- All-things creative, hip & happening in SA, @10and5
- Leading international architect, @zha_news
Follow all the #DECOguru nominations by subscribing to our Twitter list
See the latest standings by checking up on our #DECOguru leaderboard on rise.global