Let’s talk 2014 ELLE Rising Star Design Award! Entries are open and this year the search is not just countrywide –it’s continent-wide. Yes, ELLE and Mr Price are casting their fashion net wider and have opened up the competition to young designers across Africa – and so the search begins for Africa’s most talented young fashion designer!
So if you dream of a career in fashion, launching your own label and to be mentored by ELLE and Mr Price, this is for you.
This year the ELLE Rising Star Design Award in association with MRP is presented by African Fashion International at the prestigious Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Joburg 2014, where our finalists will show their designs. Hoping to follow in the footsteps of previous winners David Tlale, Tiaan Nagel and Anisa Mpungwe and most recently Nicholas Coutts? We’re passionate about nurturing talent and giving Africa’s young designers the tools and the platform.
Like what you hear? We thought so. Entries are open, so download the entry form below and get going! You have until 11 August 2014 to submit your entry, that’s 5 more days left to catch our judges’ attention.
PLUS, here’s what you can win (and for more on prize details, click the entry form for the full scoop)
- A cash prize of R30 000 from Mr Price to help the winner launch his or her career in fashion.
- An extensive mentorship programme – with ELLE and Mr Price;
- The opportunity to redesign a pre-determined range in collaboration with Mr Price to be sold in select Mr Price stores;
- The opportunity to show at the AFI’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Joburg in 2015, plus R7 000 from Mr Price towards the cost of creating the range.
- The winner will be featured in, and receive a year’s subscription to, ELLE.
Stay in the loop: @mrpricefashion @ellemagazinesa @afi_sa #RisingStarAfrica2014 on Twitter.