Getting into the Spring of things? We’re busy working on our Spring Issue, so we have blooms, sunshine, fresh fruit and new beginnings on the brain.
DECO Editor Laureen Rossouw gives us her top Spring decor trends:
- Gold, copper and brass is still very popular.
- Ombré is still trending in various forms.
- Materials to look out for include terracotta, marble and cork.
- There is still great emphasis on recycling but with more considered lines and flair.
- Chunky chains as design accents are making a comeback.
- Laser-cut wood and metal will be seen in side-tables and coffee tables.
- Carpets and wall-to-wall rugs are handmade in earthy, natural colours, geometric shapes and bold patterns.
- With seating and sofas, a lot of attention is paid to the inside frame and engineering – it’s important that it’s sustainable and that it lasts a lifetime. The focus is on comfort, quality and ergonomics. Shapes are plush and aimed at nesting at home.
- Ceramics and tableware are organic, with terracotta a favourite colour.
- Storage items are looking more innovative and are becoming design focal points in the home.
- Wallpaper is still in as well as coverings in vintage prints, geometric patterns and bold colours.
- Modular furniture is back – the sleeper couch is now a sexy must-have in every home, and is dressed up in different patterns and exciting colours.
First Published on elle.co.za