When foodie Anina Meyer was craving nachos, she decided to whip up a delicious carb-free version using sweet potatoes, homemade guacamole and loads of cheese and sour cream. We think it’s the perfect winter indulgence!
1 x large sweet potato, sliced into chips
Olive oil for roasting
1 cup grated cheddar or mozzarella
1 tomato, diced
½ onion, diced
½ tsp dried chili flakes
Salad sprinkles or oregano, to serve
½ tsp white spirit vinegar
1 tbsp sour cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Season the sweet potato slices and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and arrange on a dinner plate.
3. Top the sweet potato with cheese and return to the oven, until the cheese is melting and bubbling. Remove from the oven.
4. Top with tomato, onion and dried chili flakes.
5. To make the guacamole, mash the avocado with the white spirit vinegar and season to taste. 6. Spoon on top of the tomato salsa, add a dollop of sour cream and serve immediately. Serves 2.
For more of Anina’s yummy recipes, visit her blog, www.aninas-recipes.com, and follow her @AninasRecipes on Twitter and Instagram, https://www.facebook.com/AninasRecipes on Facebook and http://www.pinterest.com/aninasrecipes/ on Pinterest.