The 4th annual Joburg Art Fair kicks off today, featuring some of the country’s top galleries, artists and designers. Once again, the Southern Guild Exhibition is a hot feature of the art fair. Curated and directed by Trevyn and Julian McGowan, the team behind Source, Southern Guild provides a platform for collectable, limited edition local design.
Each year designers are invited to produce new work under the Southern Guild brand, to be premiered at the fair. Southern Guild will have launched over 150 new high-end design products into the marketplace by the end of this year. Below are some of the designers taking part in the show.
Here are the 10 designs that have us talking…
1. Awkward Light by Anatomy Design 2. Shoe Cabinet by Conrad Botes
3. Pie-chart table by Porky Hefer
4. Beaded Clock by Laduma Ngxokolo 5. Source Chair by Haldane Martin 6. Glass Vases by Heath Nash
7. Tugboat & Locomotive by Dokter&Misses 8. OKHA Solar by Adam Court
9. Kruier coffee table by Xandre Kriel 10. Bar Stool by James Mudge
To see all the designs on show at the Southern Guild Exhibition, visit the Joburg Art Fair at the Sandton Convention Centre. The art fair ends this Sunday, 25 September. Remember to visit Design Network Africa, the new design initiative launched by Source, kicking off at Arts on Main on the 24th of September.