We discovered Ben Orkin’s blog via Instagram and immediately became obsessed. Not only is his feed filled with delicious treats and unique recipes that will leave you baking for days, but he’s also only 16! Here we feature just one of his captivating recipes which may remind you of the Clementine and Whiskey Marmalade recipe that we posted a while back.
Tangy Fruit Tart
- 150g chilled chopped butter
- 150g castor sugar
- 400g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 750g tangy fruit (peach, plumb, nectarine, apricot)
- 3 tbs castor sugar
- 3 tbs honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp plain flour
- Start with the pie crust. In a bowl, mix the butter, castor sugar and plain flour until a breadcrumb like mixture forms. Next add the eggs and water. Mix until a crumbly pie crust forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Prepare your filling ingredients. Slice your fruit so that you have circles. You can slice them about 1cm thick. Place in a bowl. In the bowl add the rest of your filling ingredients and mix gently. Leave to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease a tart-baking dish.
- Roll out your pie crust dough till about half a centimetre thick. Place over your tart dish. Use a little piece of dough to push the rolled out pastry into all the corners of the tart dish. Remove any pastry that hangs over the sides of the dish. Lay the fruit over the pie crust dough in a fan like pattern. Pour any extra filling juices over the tart.
Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes till golden and bubbly. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled remove from its baking dish. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream or ice cream.
Follow @benorkin on Instagram for more links to amazing recipes.