Welcome the New Decor Direction!
This issue is all about the BIGGEST and the BEST new ideas happening in the worlds of decor and design. We talk floors, walls, colour, pattern, recipes and new ways to travel. We also look at the mercurial ability of blush to change personalities, we round up the best South African ceramic pieces and we introduce you to the new service guard, skilled artisans who will help you be your own designer. We feature homes that are bursting with new ideas for you to take home, and of course, made sure that you can win BIG NEW prizes.
15. Artisanal individuality and earthen elegance mix in this selection of new ceramic vessels, platters and sculptural pieces.
25. Typically girlish and demure; when paired with metals, shades of blue, grey and brick, blush takes on a wild, edgy look.
33. We show you the newest techniques, the smartest buys and the most practical tips when updating floors, surfaces and walls.
52. Be your own designer with the help of skilled artisans who will assist you in making your ideas for your home a reality.
65. DECOVisit: India Calling
This home tells the story of a couple’s adventures in India and how they brought their experiences back home.
72. Entwine texture, colour and pattern in brand-new combinations using baskets, seating, lights and rugs.
79. Home exchange has become de rigeur and a new trend when travelling abroad.
87. DECO celebrates Bo-Kaap cooking, which is infused with imagination, heritage and a strong sense of community
From Cape Town to Mexico City, we take you inside the world’s most beautiful homes
96. A new way with pattern
English meets Californian style in a witty London home.
110. A new way: home & work
A dilapidated inner-city Mexican home is refurbished for living and working.
120. A new way with display
In the case of this Cape Town apartment,
it’s the art of display that defines the space.
126. A new way to go green
The restoration of an Italian country home is a masterclass in bringing the outdoors inside.
136 A new way to play
A Swedish home is transformed into a dynamic, playful space with amplified colours, graphics and art.
78. Tell us your story and win R20 000 worth of Belgotex flooring (page 48), and win an AcryLuso coffee table worth
R40 000 (page 70).
For even more Elle Decoration, subscribe to all our online platforms.