Trend Talk 2013: Plascon Design Centre, Cape Town – 23 April 2013 – save the date
Our 2013 has been all about trends; starting off with our TRENDS Issue No. 88 and keeping in line with the theme is the first TrendTalk of 2013 at Plascon Design Centre. (Not to mention, that big Mother City design happening in between. Design Indaba 2013.)
Taking place on 23 April at the Plascon Design Centre Auditorium in Cape Town, Trend Talk is in aid of design charity Rock Girl SA. Trend Talk will feature presentations by local thought leaders, and will not only showcase trends that have been making waves since the beginning of the year, but will also include a reportback on the annual Salone Internazionale del Mobile di Milano (Milan Furniture Fair).
“With the year in full swing and many prominent trade fairs and expos having already taken place, the trends space is buzzing come April,” says Lauren Shantall, founder and organiser of Trend Talk.
Trend Talk is now in its second year, having started at the beginning of 2012 as a service to the design and decor industry. Now all interested parties are welcome to attend.
The content is worth your time. Previous Trend Talk presenters have included –
- Maranda Engelbrecht (Food stylist and consultant)
- Nick Criticos (Interior Architect: Woolworths)
- Tracy Lynch (Stylist)
- Aidan Hart and Lawrence Holmes (Inhouse Brand Architect)
- Michael Udell (Advertising Executive: PUNK)
- Jacques Erasmus (Owner: Hemelhuijs)
- Ricky Lee Gordon (Muralist: /A WORD OF ART)
- Mardre Meyer (Inhouse Brand Architect)
- Justin Hartman (Founder: Social Code)
So be sure to save the date and enjoy an afternoon of inspiring and thought-provoking trend insights.
Visit www.plascontrends.co.za for more info.
Find out more about Rock Girl SA at www.rockgirlsa.org