‘Tis the season for a perfect napkin fold. Whether you’re a savvy entertainer or a holidays-only host, it’s time to do things a little differently. With well presented linen, you won’t go wrong trying to impress your guests this season. Here we show you how with the triple napkin fold.
Revolutionise your festive table with beautiful linen from local stores such as Country Road, MRP Home, Mungo and Weylandts. We suggest purchasing napkins smaller in size to ensure a neat and tight finish. You can also go one step further and starch your napkins for ease of folding.
WATCH OUR QUICK 30 SECOND MASTERCLASS
1. Fold your chosen napkin in half, from left to right
2. Fold it in half again but this time from bottom to top
3. Next, diagonally fold the top right corner inwards
4. Fold another two layers down in the same way, tucking them behind each other another as you go
5. Now, flip your napkin the other way round and fold the right side in
6. Fold the other side over and you’re napkin is complete
7. Tuck your cutlery in to each pocket.
Add a cinnamon stick and a bit of flora to create the perfect rustic experience for your guests this festive season.
1. Charcoal true linen serviette R125, Mungo, 2. Napkin ring crystal R169 for 4, @home, 3. White napkins R395 for 4, Weylandts, 4. Fargo napkin R249 for 4, Country Road, 5. Lima napkin ring R50, Weylandts, 6. 100% Cotton napkin R16, Mrp Home, 7. 100% Cotton napkin R12, Mrp Home, 9. Provincial stripe natural serviette R103, Mungo
Watch our quick masterclass on how to hang art the easy way here.
What do you want to learn next? Tweet us @elle_deco with your #AskDECO questions.