Whether you’r vegan or not, these spelt donuts with a raw chocolate glaze from Ashley Alexander over at Gather & Feast are a sight to behold and are equally delicious to eat. Try stop at just one…we dare you!
- 1 cup almond milk, or alternative
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1½ cups spelt flour
- 1½ tbs baking powder
- Generous pinch sea salt
- 1 tbs vanilla powder
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbs chia, 6 tbs water blended)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Melted raw vegan chocolate (or any dark chocolate of your choice)
- Matcha powder
- Raspberry jam
- Cacao nibs
- Rose petals
- Cinnamon coconut sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Scoop the dough mixture into a lightly greased donut tray.
- Bake the donuts for 12 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the donuts from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dip the donuts into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
Recipe and images from gatherandfeast.com
For More Design Inspiration
The Summer Issue is all about new beginnings, rejuvenation and adventure. Consider it a celebration of both indulging in wanderlust and the sweetness of coming home. We discover the most spectacular design hotels around the world, show you a beautiful collection of outdoor furniture and décor, and tempt your tastebuds with a new indian tapas restaurant. Pick up your copy today and tell us what you think on Twitter @Elle_Deco using #SummerIssue.