Are you a young bright spark looking to gain quality experience in publishing and digital media? Do you know your hashtags from your HTML? Can you navigate your way around a WordPress dashboard? Then you might just be exactly who we’re searching for.
We are looking for a top notch digital intern to help us create whizz-bang content and drive our social media platforms.
ELLE Decoration online is a media outlet for modern, fresh, confident design-conscious users who are passionate about keeping up-to-date with trends in décor, design, food, lifestyle and travel. Our Digital Intern will work primarily with the Digital Content Producer, assisting her with the development of blog and social media content related to our readers’ interests, news and trends.
You’ll not only get incredible industry experience at one of the world’s leading décor titles and an inside look at the editorial process but you’ll also learn lots along the way. At DECO, we work hard, have fun and drink a lot of coffee – do you want to join the team?
- Manage day-to-day content promotion on Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels
- Regular reporting on the stats and performance of our website & social platforms
- Production of weekly website stories, with images and video clips where possible
- Help monitor the décor industry online, keeping up with trends, tools and online tech developments
- Assisting in the execution of project campaigns, like #askDECO & #DECOguru
- Our interns are always bright, creative and hungry to learn. You must also be highly organised, confident, dependable, punctual and resourceful.
- Must live & breathe social media – be personally active online and interested in the latest platforms and social media developments
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal, including accurate, fluent copywriting
- Proven experience creating blog content with WordPress
- Confident using social management platforms and insight tools (including Tweetdeck, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics & Hashtracking) – or willing to learn fast!
- Ability to work in an energetic atmosphere and take direction
- Digital design knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is a plus
Want to apply?
If you are interested in applying, wow us with a top-notch CV and an inspiring cover letter. You can email it right away to Naazneen firstname.lastname@example.org. Be quick about it!
Things to note:
- The position is based in Cape Town only
- You will need your own transport, laptop and smartphone, capable of social media management on-the-go
- The position is full-time for a minimum of three months.